Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has revealed his friends are asking him about joining Turkish giants, Fenerbahce amid speculation that he wants to leave the Emirates.
The 27-year-old play-maker has been linked to leave the Gunners this summer as he continues to stall on renewing his contract at the Emirates, with reports that he wants a bumper payrise to remain at North London, sparking interest from few clubs in Europe.
Ozil has been heavily criticised for his lack lustre performances, especially in their recent poor form this season, the German has now revealed that his friends are asking him about joining Fenerbahce, he told Goal: ‘Many people ask me that question [about Fenerbahce], my family, my friends,’
‘When they hear something like that they keep telling me: “Join that club” or “Go there!” But at the moment I have a contract at Arsenal and I do not think about Turkey or other leagues.
‘You can never know what is going to happen in the future. I feel very, very comfortable here.
‘We’ll see about the rest.’
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has insisted that he will not allow any of his stars join any of their Premier League rivals and will risk the wrath of allowing Ozil and Sanchez leaving the club next season.

Post a Comment

 
Top