What exactly do we mean when we say sorry??it can be an apology, a regret,an excuse or an expression of empathy....
Recently, I have experienced I'm sorry as more of an excuse to lessen the punishment and/or as a promise that we won't do something again.. Such as-im sorry I acted that way
The unfortunate thing is that people are saying I'm sorry without meaning it..like I love you ,it is important when said genuinely, but prone to overuse leading to cheapening of meaning
What has happened to individual saying it to mean what is originally meant e.g I am pained by the sadness/grief/trouble that I created.. My actions/behavior will change to reflect how authentic I am with this apology. An apology is not only a potentially powerful tool when use approximately, this power can help with settling and moving forward
When apologizing, kip d following in mind to make it effective
*Be genuine..don't give a halfhearted apology or one that is not genuine. It smacks of self interest and will fan the flames of conflict
*Demonstrate an understanding of d harm..your further behavior and actions need to change to show you truly see what you have done and really sorry
*Express remorse or regret
Stop saying sorry if u do not mean it, change your conduct it is seen as believable... Agree or disagree?

Post a Comment

 
Top